Hace poco os informamos que estaba adjunto el soporte en NSU del Nokia N79, terminal Symbian S60 3ª edición FP2, a los pocos días os informamos también que en breves estaría disponible la versión de firmware 11.049 para el terminal Nokia N79.
La nueva versión de firmware ya se encuentra para la descarga, esta actualización pasa de la versión 10.046 a la versión 11.049, aunque en principio está disponible en NSU posiblemente también este disponible vía OTA (Over-The-Air). Se trata de una actualización mayor y a continuación dejamos nuevamente los detalles de esta nueva versión de firmware.
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 10.046 to version 11.049:
– New version of N-Gage
– New version of Mail for Exchange
– Search & WLAN information difficult to read in Active Idle.
– Active Idle screen becomes blank in landscape mode.
– Default Active Idle shortcuts configured.
– Active Idle going dead after quickly accepting and rejecting an incoming video call.
– White boxes shown on the screen while doing orientation change quickly in idle mode.
– The sis file which is installed to MoviNand or SD card cannot be seen in application manager.
– Wrong Feature Manager flag used for seamless link functionality.
– Flashlite sis installation is not successful in the first attempt.
– Unable to upgrade graphic icons in Media Player / Media Settings via sis file.
– Unable to upgrade ROM based UI application by installing new version to memory card.
– Application Update self-update never completes.
– Upgrade of BrowserAudioVideoPlugin.rsc via sw installation is not possible.
– Upgrade of Connection Manager via sw installation is not possible.
– Tunings improvements for IHF audio.
– Keypad tones cannot be tuned for IHF.
– UI Accelerator toolkit (Hitchcock/Alfred) stub file missing.
– Locking keys and then opening camera reveal confuses orientation sensor.
– Disable orientation in alarm ringing, incoming call and semi active state.
– Panic after orientation change.
– Bluetooth headset disconnects when Wireless Keyboard is disconnected from the phone automatically.
– Phone panics when changing views in Bluetooth menu while choosing the last connected device from paired view.
– Phone crashes and doesn’t disconnect correctly in audio gateway.
– BT stereo audio drops when using certain accessories.
– Pre-defined browser bookmarks missing from APAC2 variant.
– Added empty folder in Americas bookmarks to make embedded bookmarks work.
– Bookmark shortcuts revert to prior setting following backup.
Browser and Streaming
– After selecting a link in Expedia website, a panic occurred and “Application closed: !CookieServer” is shown.
– Device crashes upon receiving a big cookie in an HTTP response.
– Hotspot Browser Login UI not scalable.
– Browser launch in embedded mode with custom access point setting does not work.
– Reconnecting to streaming content doesn’t work and default connection is changed to “Always ask” after trying to connect again.
– Note “MediaPlayerTemp has not been saved. Save now” displays when user exits preview in BrowserNG.
– 30s timer for out-of-coverage monitoring in the browser utilities is too short
– ITU keypad lights stays off when browsing in landscape mode.
– Helix crash or general “memory full” issue occurred when streaming a high resolution clip (704×576) and high bit rate (3Mbip/s).
– PP bit #165 flag should be off.
– Calendar plug-in displays events incorrectly.
– Alarms missed note shown when Calendar is opened even when there are no missed alarms.
Camera and Video
– Indicator LED is not on.
– Application closed: Image viewer is shown after pressing Send key many times.
– LED flash is weak.
– Still capture and video recording with main camera does not work when there is a HW fault with acme secondary camera.
– Capture tone and Internet Radio play simultaneous when capture button is pressed when camera is auto focusing.
– Sometimes images captured in dark conditions are totally white
– Front camera image rotation is not working properly.
– Camera crashes if IVE policy server releases client immediately after reserve.
– Camera view finder opens when keylock is on.
– Camera freezes when capturing video with “Normal” quality and when Photos application is not closed after clip has been watched.
– Phone does not go to sleep after opening/closing camera reveal.
– Keylock activation plus opening camera reveal causes new camera instance started.
– Camera shutter and volume key lights are OFF when secondary camera is in use.
– Camera reveal open/close events are not executed when keypad is locked.
– Device does not go to sleep correctly after using camera.
– Error note “Unexpected error occurred…” displays and Camera cannot be used unless reboot DUT after playing one video clip in different Phone mode on TV.
– After recording and then deleting the video, the camera LED flashes once when back to video mode.
– Image and video counter do not display all digits in settings views.
– Camera is disabled if keylock is pressed (unlocked) during video call.
– Camera preview opens even in keylock.
– Camera application is started even when device is locked.
– Phone does not go to sleep after opening/closing camera reveal.
– Recorded video time counter disappears when another video is captured subsequently.
– Camera viewfinder is shown incorrectly after opening the lens cover when camera is opening.
– Camera cannot be launched when device is in Landscape view.
– Changing to secondary camera when viewfinder is not yet shown causes unexpected error.
– Video camera is not started after few repeats.
– Camera crashes when opening video quality settings rapidly after recording.
– Phone is in still image viewfinder mode when answering an incoming call in burst mode.
– Pressing applications key immediately after starting video capture causes post-capture image to be missing when returning the camera from background.
– Cannot play video sometimes after recording has stopped.
– Phone reboots when recording is started.
– The note of “Unexpected error occurred. Restart phone” pops up when receiving a BT message in recoding state.
– Wrong view is shown when using secondary camera while video playback is paused in the background.
– Viewfinder image quality seriously degrades when recording a video.
– Video playback hangs in application switch use case.
– Crash is detected after recording high quality video clips for 50 iterations.
– Camera jams when stopping video recording.
– The camera hangs when the recording has been paused for one minute.
– Video stabilisation not working.
– Overlapping functionality when pressing Volume/Zoom key in Camera (music is playing in background).
– Keylock plus opening camera reveal causes new camera instance to be started when in Messaging.
– Backlight automatically turned off during video playback.
– The clock in application status pane is not updated after power-saver deactivates.
– Phone lost correct time during power off.
– Removing battery during alarm makes the device unusable.
– Alarm alert dialogue box disappears if setting new alarm when alarm goes off.
– Display light remains on when clock/calendar alarm is not cancelled or snoozed.
– Device panics when headset is powered on/off very fast.
– Nothing is heard when 616 car kit and wired headphone is connected to the phone during MT CS call.
– Contacts application closed after selecting “All contacts” in Multimedia menu.
– Pre-defined Contacts does not support Chinese characters.
– Search pane does not work after deleting one contact in Chinese mode.
– Contact name with enter key is displayed incorrectly in Sender list view after importing it from Contacts.
– Adding new number from SMS to existing number in ADN causes number to corrupt.
– Some default settings values are against the specs in Russian variant.
– Default USB connection mode is Mass storage. It should be PC Suite.
– Delivery via Device Management corrupts EAP-FAST PAC file.
– The music in File Manager is played when pressing Pause/Play key on headset.
– File manager crash when in USB mass storage connection and trying to copy with Remote drive.
– Unable to open or delete file whose name contains illegal characters.
– Mark/Unmark menu item displays additional ‘Mark All’ sub-menu item even when all items are already marked.
– S60 3.2 phones allow user to tune to FM frequency lower than 87.5MHz.
– Current Playing Radio item is not shown in idle state of screen after changing standby theme from Basic to Horizontal icon bar.
– FM transmitter deactivated after receiving a voice call.
– Audio playback is heard from stereo BT when FM TX is activated.
– FM TX Chirp signal does not switch off after 5 minutes.
– FM TX usability improvements implemented.
– FM transmitter still transmits when headphones attached.
– IHF cannot be enabled during call when FMTx is on.
– Mobile crash after updating the phone with dummy package using FOTA.
– FOTA Suspend and Resume: Resume download doesn’t work when DM server uses Silent mode.
– Naviscroll behaviour is jumpy in Gallery.
– MPXCollectionserver and SQL Server consuming 20% of CPU for just viewing and switching between images using navikey.
– Naviscroll light is ON only in Gallery/Images folder.
– The help topic for Theme switch can’t be opened.
– Description about Podcasting in Help is incorrect.
– The Help topics about “video sharing” and “video calls” need to be removed in EDGE variant.
– Help data is missing for some options related to access points.
– Help application hangs after selecting Naviwheel setting link in Help.
– Boxes in Help text in Finnish language.
– Strange text exists in Help text for Office Folder in Simplified Chinese language.
– Duplicate word “”Drucken”” in Photos Help topic in German language.
– Most of the help topics are missing when English is in use in Thai variant.
– Some words are localized to incorrect language in Help topics in Bahasia Indonesia language.
– Help topics missing from Camera -> Options -> Customise toolbar -> Options ->Help.
– ‘Frequency presets’ topic is missing in the help of ‘Equaliser’.
– The Application launching link ‘Music player’ does not work in the Help topic of ‘Edit frequency presets’ .
– A blank page is opened when clicking ‘Internet call connectivity sett.’ link in Internet call settings in Help.
– Audio themes application can not be opened when clicking the link from Audio themes in Help.
– Strange text exists in Help text for Games tile when in Chinese language.
– Many question marks in Help for software checker (NSC) in Chinese translation.
– Helps are missing from American-English.
– Some words in Help are localized to incorrect language.
– Wrong help topic opens for Help topic “Sensor settings” in localised English.
– The help content of SW Checker is not shown correctly in Chinese language.
– A few display texts are shown as logical names in Chinese language
– Phone UI conflict after playing video and music at same time.
– Upload to Corel DMS failed.
– Filename extension is missing or wrong (.mp3) from downloaded WAV-audio files.
– Share content view is not updated properly.
– Content server crash when C-drive is full.
– None is still displayed for home access point after creating new access point in Home Media.
– Unable to copy image and video files when home network is Orb server.
– Create new access point doesn’t work properly.
– Changing “hide phone” to “show phone” sometimes results with crash.
– Selected device’s Music and Uploaded folders can not be accessed in Home Media.
– Phone crashes when Home Media application is closed.
– DRM file is not skipped when copying files from handset to media server.
– ‘Application closed: MediaServer_MainThread’ displays during sharing if memory is almost full.
– Images & Videos updating dialog box is not refreshed if “Visibility in network” has been changed during sharing many images.
– Print server crashes connecting to UPnP printer.
– Media Servant did not harvest all 10000 files.
– Metadata hasn’t been refreshed.
Key and Keypad Functionality
– Zooming functionality is not performed by ITU-Keys.
– Long press of Lock key for unlocking re-locks again.
– S60 keypad is not working after waking up device during call.
– Naviselect key press filtering does not work properly.
– Navikey centre select not filtered.
– Keypad lock haptics have wrong intensity, length and interval time.
– Forward locked java applications fail to start.
-.Icon for invalid rights is shown for WM DRM protected videos in RealPlayer.
– Deleting licenses fails if C: drive doesn’t have enough memory.
– Boot up failure when ALS component is detached in drop testing.
– Lights are controlled wrongly in several use cases.
– Send/End keys are not illuminated even when other S60 lights are on.
– S60 and ITU-T illumination not turned on after reboot and keylock release.
– Navikey light doesn’t light up in semi-active state.
– Navikey LED functionality improvements.
– Support for Korean language selection.
– Positioning server address is not retrieved.
– No GPS fix after factory reset.
– Can not use Chinese characters to search in Maps application.
– Landmarks: Panic is detected when cancelling searching current position.
– Maps and Landmarks can’t be opened when phone language set to Catalan.
– GPS is not stopping after Camera enters Standby Mode and consuming battery.
– Assisted GPS and “Integrated GPS” items are not localized to Chinese in positioning methods view.
Memory and Memory Card
– Memory full displayed when opening multiple applications.
– Memory leak is detected when making BT modem dial up connection over 3G.
– After restoring settings from memory card, a number off settings are not restored.
– Scroll bar displayed the first time entering Menu application after booting even though Menu
application view don’t need a scroll bar.
– The Options soft key is inactive after moving an application to a new position.
– Pressing Menu key shows previously visited item first before switching to default.
– Number of saved msgs. default value is 20 instead of 100.
– Predictive text default value in Language is “Off” instead of “On”.
– Receive adverts’ default value is “Yes” instead of “No”.
– Impossible to insert new image to MMS message.
– Panic happens when connect to pop3 mail server.
– Application crash after pressing End Key to close attachment of email message.
– MMS viewer crash with unprotected content when playback is restricted.
– Unable to open MMS/SMS messaging url in the page: http://rave.cellulardata.com/xhtml/…_url_tests.html
– Launching Message Viewer for Business Card not working from external home screen.
– Truncated email username causing problem with login.
– Messaging application closed when deleting a keyword after searching the marked items.
– Cannot fetch email with OD2 WMDRM song as attachment.
– ChinaUI_MsgMngt: Can not enter the application or application crash after removing battery.
– ChinaUI_MsgMngt: The localization of Junk in rules list view cannot be changed after changing the phone’s Language.
– ChinaUI_MsgMngt: “Application closed: Message” is displayed when creating a new rule named “Junk”.
– Phone panics during “Send via bluetooth”.
– Note ‘Remove XXX.jpg ‘ is truncated after one image is inserted to MMS twice and then try to remove the second one.
– Error message missing if receiving message when FLASH is below critical level.
– Gimlet: Cannot configure client after backup/restore to SD.
– Inbox message can’t be read, deleted, or moved.
– China UI SMS Filter breaks SMS timestamp.
– Message sending issue on PC Suite when multiple recipients selected.
– General: Feature not supported message seen when sending email with incorrect username or password.
– E-mail message retrieval size limit is not working properly when receiving Japanese message.
– MMS Postcard application is not configurable in variant.
– The SMS switch to MMS automatically after adding more than 20 receivers.
– Maximum length email address name causes Messaging application to crash.
– Phone becomes unresponsive when using Music Player with 6000 songs.
– MP3 file does not play.
– The phone performance is low after skipping forward when playing aac song
– Media Player does not refresh “Recently played list” when USB cable is connected.
– The options in ‘Playlists’ has issues with playing the music properly.
– Music player crashes if renderer name contains tab characters.
– Progress bar in Now Playing view displays incorrectly after finishing playing automatic playlist.
– IHF speaker damage (failure) in Music Player.
– Artist name is not shown correctly.
– Artist name missing after music sync from Twonky.
– Music playback breaks when warning appears in Silent mode.
– Music volume level jumps when previewing a ring tone in profiles application.
– Visualization view is corrupted.
– Music player enters loop when updating the music library.
– Music can not be played after installing web server application from Downloads!.
– MPXPlaybackServer crashes when memory card is removed with Music Player running in the background.
– Music player library gets corrupted after several synchronizations.
– Music player keep searching new songs when activated if time separator was changed from default ( / ) to colon ( : ).
– Problems to control music player in applications where zooming is enabled.
– Drive New drive unavailable. Try again? is displayed when launching Ngage after creating a remote drive.
– N-Gage games fail to start after restore content from SD card.
– Could not install N-Gage and received error msg “Unknown error: -5″.
– N-gage gaming keys do not work in portrait mode.
– Volume key not illuminated when playing Games (N-Gage).
Nokia SW Checker
– Nokia Software Checker included in Welcome application.
– NSC can be used when DM is in the background.
– NSC background application sends Mobile-Crash reports in RnD releases.
– Log file must be removed if it exists in Production configuration.
– Timer (internal) is not working properly in Error cases.
– Interface is missing to enable other applications to use SW update checking capabilities.
– The time format is displayed incorrectly after updating in NSC application.
– Problem in French translation for “new update found” text.
– NSC-client incorrectly treats Error Codes from NSCS (FOX/FiRE).
– The second marked note cannot be sent after the first marked note was sent.
– Phone freezes or just stops opening applications when multiple applications are opened.
– Delete title in Newsticker application does not work correctly.
– When using an application with a high CPU load in the background(e.g. Music Player), the user interface to any other application on the phone becomes slow and sometimes crashes.
– Corrupt thumbnails are displayed if stopping a video in Photos after changing the display mode from Portrait mode to Landscape mode.
– Tag Manager in Photos closes on down arrow key.
– Location information not deleted from Image when deleted from details view.
– Photos crashes after opening ‘All’ view when 1000 images are saved in device.
– Photos is too slow with more than 10 DRM items
– Photos Application performance problems after number of photos are transferred to the device.
– Media keys illumination is wrong in slideshow in MC Photos is music is ON
– Slideshow is not illuminated
– Backlight goes off during Slide Show.
– Garbled search results when entering a number as the search title.
– Crash occurred after pressing end key during acquiring license for OD2 episode in episode view.
– The name of podcasting application includes unexpected symbol “/”, when phone language is Melayu.
– Naviscroll is not entering Sleep Mode.
– Standby current is stuck at approx 10mA if phone locked directly after boot up.
– Silent profile: Video call ringing tone is Beep. It should be Nokia Tune.
– Meeting profile: Video call ringing tone is Nokia Tune. It should be Beep.
– Offline profile: Vibrating alert is On. It should be off.
– Multimedia profile should be flagged as hidden.
Push to Talk
– PTT service is logged out after trying to delete connection profile.
– Error message “Memory full. Close other apps and try again.” occurred in Real Player.
– Playback view displays incorrectly in landscape mode in Real Player.
– “Show Songs” doesn’t work in Search in main view.
– Hidden IM application can be found and launched from Search.
– Check validity of password against time limit does not work.
– Lock code query does not pop up when powering on the phone even though “Lock if SIM card changed” is set to “Yes”.
– Lock code query pops up when powering on the phone even if SIM cards IMSI is in devices IMSI list.
– Unable to define MfE from Settings Wizard.
– Camera functionality works differently if changing camera modes from menu instead of using the lens cover.
– Crash is detected after pressing RSK quickly and continually when opening Share Online folder.
– Application crashes in device A when fetching MMS started from device B.
– No conflict solving dialog is displayed when previously synced contact’s phone number is edited on both phones.
– Phone crashes during Contacts slow sync with S40.
– Retrieving multiple MMS messages fails.
– Fetching multimedia files fails.
– Nokia folder file larger than 2MB is removed from terminal B when Nokia folder file sync is repeated.
– The start storing icon is missing in the landscape mode.
– Error note “Application closed: Switch” after copying has been finished.
– Part of address disappears in Contacts in slow sync with Series40.
– Fetching several giga bytes of sound files is interrupted.
– Fetching media gallery images fails.
– Deleted items from either device are not sent.
– The phone can not select the data type item when synchronised with a S60 2.0 phone.
– The phone cannot synchronise after disconnect the PC suite.
– OviSuite 1.0 – E-mail synchronization does not work.
– Calendar and Contacts are not synchronized though the note “Synchronization completed” is displayed when synchronizing with OVI Suite.
– Sync feature has several texts not localized.
– No downlink audio heard in the phone or headset on outgoing call.
– UI doesn’t send user defined image for VT call.
– CDSP problem in video call.
– Back camera is used as default camera during video call.
– Phone uses main camera even when reveal is closed during video call.
– Camera swapped to main camera when locking keys during video call.
– Call disconnects after 20min.
– Can’t adjust MT call volume level when Visual Radio is in foreground.
– Opening multiple instances of voicemail via 1 key causes phone reset.
– DTMF signals are not sent when inband is used with key tones switched off.
– The person on other end of call can also hear the call audio when the gain value is set to zero.
– Crash when call is blacklisted.
– Not Allowed warning note is shown and Telephony UI is hidden when pressing the “End Call” button before an externally created MO call alert.
– Phone can’t display the in-coming call interface when connecting to PC suite.
– When placing multiple calls on “hold”, the other caller’s send key becomes unresponsive and on hold note is shown after call is ended.
– Telephone will crash after trying to send a media file during voice call while C-drive is too full for the generated multimedia message.
– Video call is shown in Options when highlighting a contact in EDGE SW.
– Call divert icon for line 2 disappears from UI.
– Phone reboot when making or receiving a call.
– Held call is activated after 1X+Send.
– Making a video call using DialNoFdnCheck () fails with -8071.
– Phone call is rejected if there are numbers in the idle screen while receiving an MT call.
– The volume can not be adjusted during a video call.
– Improvements to emergency call handling.
– Send to caller is inactive when trying to send a picture to caller during voice call.
– After call transfer, call cannot be ended.
– Video sharing image quality is poor on MT end.
– Call divert icon not seen on UI after phone powered off/on.
– ITU keys light turns off when receiving a voice call.
– During call, using volume key or camera key to wake up the device does not work.
– Back camera is used as default camera in video call.
– Phone uses main camera even when reveal is closed during video call/sharing.
– Camera swapped to main camera when locking keys during video call.
– Display lights turn off during video call when lock switch activated.
– Phone application goes to background after standby theme has been changed.
– Menu events and “Phone handling events” missing from Audio Themes view.
– Video can not be played continuously if changing phone mode during playing video on TV.
– Screen becomes blank after rotating to landscape while viewing images on TV-Out if theme effect is ON.
– Incorrect UA Profile shown when in 3G.
– H264 Decoder hangs if first frame after valid header is corrupted
– Helix FLV payload support for playing flash videos from YouTube etc missing from 3.2 and 3.2.3 platforms.
– Video Center crashes when C: disk is full.
– Operator specific H.264 movie clip does not play.
– The content catalogue update for new feed fails when downloading a big video.
– Visual Radio does not startup.
– Enter key gives wrong behaviour in idle.
– Voice commands: Playback volume is 10 > should be 5.
– The phone freezes after pressing down arrow key in Voice Command list.
– Voice Commands play back volume configured.
– Video clip sharing does not work during VoIP call.
– Cannot input 256 characters to the query of VoIP service username and service password after enabling a VoIP service without a password.
– The name of MSK and display of Options are incorrect in Internet call barring settings.
– VoIP calls are shown as last name, first name in log.
– Device rebooted on MT call with Alcatel-Lucent Multicore.
– Two services can not be activated simultaneously if AP linked to SIP profiles
– Cancelling VoIP call causes reset.
– Double hold not working with Cisco Call Manager
– Unable to save the new profile created using existing one.
– Incorrect value of PTime and UDP packet length in RTP stream are shown.
– Phone crashed when using VoIP with NAT setting to AP without NAT.
– DTMF tones are sent but tone is heard twice on sending phone during VoIP call.
– Crash occurs if VoIP service connection isn’t selected in 20-30 seconds.
– Logs doesn’t show presence status when call is made before subscribing.
– Presence status is not updated correctly.
– UI note “Error in connection” is missing if first VoIP call fails.
– WidSets application is not rotating correctly.
– WLAN login application crashes randomly.
– WLAN APN passed along with SDP content is not utilized by Real Player.
– Connection fails via WPA/WEP protected access point.
– Connection fails when SNAP-list has first priority packet data and wanting to use WLAN connection.
– Incorrect active WLAN interface handling.
– Phone reboots when user confirms to close one PDP context in disconnect dialog.
– Unable to use Zip Manager if phone has a remote drive with incomplete settings.